1. The Club shall be called the “Outdoor Winter League (OWL) Bowling Club”.
2. The business of the Club shall be managed by a Committee to be elected at the Annual General Meeting; consisting of a Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, and six other members.
3. Five members of the Committee shall form a quorum for general purposes. In the case of an emergency arising it shall be for the Chairman or Secretary and any two Committee members specially called together to adjudicate the matter.
4. a) The Financial Year shall end 28 days before the Annual General Meeting and the accounts showing all receipts and expenditure shall be presented to the Annual General Meeting to be held on a date as close as possible prior to the Friday of September Bowling Festival week.
b) Officers for the following year shall also be elected at the Annual General Meeting from members in attendance at this meeting, or whose written consent to act has been received.
c) An extraordinary General Meeting shall be convened, and requisition signed by at least six members who must set forth the Notice of Motion to be proposed at such meeting.
5. No rule shall be altered or amended and no new rule be proposed at the Annual General Meeting or an Extraordinary General Meeting unless 14 days notice has been given in writing to the Secretary. Any alterations or amendments must also include the details of the existing rule.
6. Any subscribing member of the Club shall be eligible for election to the Committee or any office. Voting at the Annual General Meeting for this purpose to be by ballot unless otherwise agreed.
7. a) The subscription for each season shall be the amount agreed upon at the Annual General Meeting payable to the Treasurer of the Club. No player shall be eligible to play in matches or handicaps until such subscription has been paid at the commencement of the season, and no later than 31st October. Members joining after this date shall be liable to pay upon acceptance.
b) Any team playing an ineligible player (i.e. subscription to OWL Bowling Club not paid in full as set out in 7a above) will forfeit any chalks won by offending player(s) and game points recalculated.
8. The Committee may at any time fill a vacancy that may occur amongst the Officers of the Club or Committee.
9. The Committee shall have the power to expel any member who, in their opinion, has been guilty of conduct prejudicial to the best interests of the Club.
10. Any member scratching from a competition after the draw has been made will be required to pay the entrance fee.